I used the image of one of Paul Gauguin's self portraits, as a reference photo because I thought it would lend itself well to this technique, and because it was an interesting face! Plus, I haven't really done very many male faces yet and thought it was about time I tried one. Anyway, here it is:
I like how it turned out, but it kind of looks like I used just graphite pencil, though I didn't! If I use this method again, I think I'd like to use different colors for the layers, so it looks different.
I am enjoying so much trying out new drawing techniques and materials. Loving the challenge. There are more "assignments" from last week, but already I am behind on this week's ones! I may start the new lesson and hopefully be able to go back to some of the other assignments from this week.
This also is my face # 3 for the 29 Faces challenge. I didn't get to spend much time in my studio today, so tonight I think I will just do some sketches in one of my sketchbooks to try and catch up a little. Hopefully I'll have another few faces to share tomorrow!